Emotions: The key to your marketing ROI
By Allison Wentworth Ross,
April 15, 2021
What if your emotions towards marketing determine the outcome more than the effort you put into it?
We've all seen - and been - those who work incredibly hard to do everything right. The website, the funnels, the lead capture pages, and the copy carefully crafted to convert your prospect into a sale. The result? Frustration.
We've all also seen - and been - those who fortune seem to favour. None of the marketing bells and whistles and yet buyers are flocking towards them. Why the difference? The one who's doing all the hard work to get a sale is, in fact, repelling potential buyers simply because the energy they're emitting comes from a place of lack.
Now before you hit the vibrational "dislike" button, I'm not making this up. Try it for yourself...
Say you have a goal to generate 50K (choose a currency of your choice) by X amount of time:
- Think about what needs to be done to reach that goal. If you can, speak it out. Tell someone your plans to generate 50K by X amount of time.
- Now bring your awareness to your body. Is there any part of your body that feels tense, contracted, or constricted? What are the emotions that show up? Make a note of it.
- Bring your body to neutral and let go of that goal.
Now think about the number of people you're able to impact by X amount of time and how you'll create that impact:
- How are you making their lives better by doing what you do? If you can, speak it out until you have a clear picture of the impact you create simply by being you.
- Again, bring your awareness to your body. What are the emotions? Where do you feel THESE emotions?
You may notice that imagining the feeling of wellbeing for your potential clients brings you a warm and fuzzy feeling instead of the tension of seeing them as a sale. The end results are still the same, i.e. a specific ROI over a certain amount of time. The difference is the focus of the energy behind it. It is that very energy that determines the success of your marketing campaigns.
The Law of Attraction says: "That which is like unto itself is drawn." Abraham-Hicks
What is the energy behind our marketing activities? And are they reflected in our results? Are we emitting the energy we're aiming to attract? These are questions worth considering as we move into the unknown of a post-pandemic economy.