New Moon in Gemini – Reflections
By Sibylle Stehli,
May 21, 2020
New Moon in Gemini – Reflections
This delectable New Moon peaks on Friday 22 May 2020 at 19h38 in Cape Town South Africa.
We may not be able to see this moon as it is the ‘dark’ moon; yet it still has the same powerful effect as if it were in front of us in full technicolour. And technicolour this Moon in Gemini is this month!
It is occurring in the sign of Gemini – also known as the Twins – and peaks at 2 degrees and 4 minutes. The date is 22-05-2020, which in numerology adds as 4 + 5 + 4, totalling 13 and this further reduces to a 4. In addition, we have the master number of 22 and so the essence of the Twins is permeating this incredible phase this month. I have written more about the 2 and 4 below.
Mindfulness Tip – Conscious Choice vs Default Setting
Remember to set your intention / choice / wish for some extra magic and sparkle.
This is important as you have free will in each moment. So choosing consciously what you would like this moon cycle to bring you will allow things to align,come into harmony and synchronize with what you choose…
The essence is ‘Reflections’ - with current circumstances due to lock down, many of us are in a reflective state and at times may feel like we are in the doldrums where nothing seems to be happening (on the surface at least). Yet with many planets also in retrograde, we are being asked to go deep within and reflect on our values, priorities, love, self-worth, partnerships, collaborations, etc as they will show us what we wish to take with us and what we need to let go of when we set sail for the new shores we are heading towards.
When we embody the positive side of the 2, we experience peace, heightened intuition, partnership, collaboration and diplomacy. The shadow side of the 2 (and we are in a shadow moon so this can get triggered), is separation and duality. As always, choose to be mindful, as what is within is reflected in the outer world = the twin or mirror image.
The significance of the 4, which is also the year we are in (2020 = 4); is about stability, strong foundation, structure and system. So we are getting the opportunity to see two (or more) sides to things and it is assisting us in making conscious choices to set a strong, stable new foundation for the way forward. Even if we currently do not know what that may entail or in which direction it may lead.
Gemini rules the lungs and breath (it is an Air sign), so take a deep breath in, pause, reflect and allow the direction to be shown to you. What an adventure ?
What I have experienced since the last post
It has been an interesting time, especially in this week, of feeling totally on-track and then waking up the next day and feeling pulled in 2 directions. I realised that this is one of the effects of Gemini and for me it has been an opportunity to see things from 2 sides; therefore enhancing my current perspective in various areas of my life.
I have had the need and urge to go out and take deep breaths of fresh air and put my feet on the grass and in the soil. I have literally lain on my back on the grass, arms outstretched and just felt the rhythm of the earth and the deep grounding I received.
As Gemini is an Air sign, it has an influence on the mind. So my mind was busier than usual and it has taken extra attention to quieten it. Meditation has helped me hugely for this.
Physical symptoms and other aspects you may be experiencing
- Exercising – even lightly – and feeling like you cannot get enough air
- Feeling suddenly unsure of something you had certainty about = feeling pulled in 2 directions
- Needing grounding as there is confusion and a non-stop train of thoughts streaming through the mind
- Aching shoulders, tingles in the arms and hands, heaviness on the chest and feeling like you need more air than usual
- Wondering whether the work you have been doing still has value and uncertain of what the next step is
- Reflecting back on past loves, work, partnerships and even personal aspects such as exercise and lifestyle and re-evaluating everything
How you can help yourself at this time
- Meditate to quieten the mind
- Keep drinking water and eat a lighter diet of fresh foods whenever possible as this helps the body to replenish energy and repair itself
- Remember that self-care is key here – so look after you and get enough sleep and be out in fresh air and in nature as often as possible
- Do mindful movement (yoga, dance, Tai Chi or Qi Gong for example) to keep the body flexible and support the areas which are feeling tender or sore
- Breathe in resources of courage, peace, self-love, surrender and trust and breathe out doubt, fear, being-hard-on-self and anything else which is no longer serving you
- Visualize for just 5 minutes every day on the feeling of what you wish to experience on your forward path and let the details be revealed to you in their own good time
Soon we will set sail to our new horizons!
Sending all Love, Light and Compassionate Blessings ?