New Moon + Total Solar Eclipse in Sagittarius – BEing Extraordinary
By Sibylle Stehli,
December 13, 2020
What a culmination to an already super-charged year this current moon passage is!
During 2020 we have been challenged and given choices as to what we wish to BEcome. This combo of a New Moon and Total Solar Eclipse provides an opportune moment for choice (and the planetary and cosmic energies are supporting us all the way):
- Will you stay in the safety of a mundane life and keep settling for less?
- Do you choose to step into the fullness of who you are on all levels and live a life of extraordinary self-belief, self-mastery and Soul-Adventure?
The Sun carries a predominantly masculine energy and is associated with our outer world. It relates to our solar plexus and personality/ego. The solar plexus is also the seat of our I AM Presence - how we shine and embody our strengths.
The Moon carries a predominantly feminine energy and is associated with our inner world. This is related to our emotional body, our inner needs and inner Self. It relates to how we deal with and feel our emotions and the way in which we respond to things happening in our outer world.
It is interesting that the total solar eclipse peaks just 2 minutes (18h14) before the peaking of the new moon (18h16) in Cape Town South Africa. So there is huge alchemy and harmonising occurring between the masculine and feminine aspects. It also acts as a precursor to 2021.
2021 is a 5 Universal year (2+0+2+1 = 5).
The number 5 embodies perfect balance of masculine and feminine energies – the horizontal and vertical lines on top are the masculine energy and the curved body is the feminine energy. The sun and moon peaking almost simultaneously allow us to bring into balance and harmony these aspects within ourselves. And what we do in our inner world is then reflected in our outer world.
The number 5 also carries the energies of change, adventure and freedom.
This passage occurring in the sign of Sagittarius just adds to this overall essence. Be the balanced archer and point your arrow in the direction of your most-desired life. Take a deep breath and let the arrow go, surrendering the outcome. Let go of how it will all come together and live from a place of authenticity and trust.
So what would you need to change within yourself so that you could live YOUR extraordinary life of pure Soul-Adventure?
Mindfulness Tip – Conscious Choice vs Default Setting
Remember to set your intention / choice / wish for some extra magic and sparkle.
This is important as you have free will in each moment. So choosing consciously what you would like this moon cycle to bring you will allow things to align, come into harmony and synchronize with what you choose..
The Numerology of this Moon
The solar eclipse peaks at 23 degrees-06 minutes and the new moon peaks at 23 degrees-07 minutes. Another simultaneous alignment and it is as if the cosmos is asking us again:
“Do you realise now how important it is to be balanced and in alignment?”
23: This number adds up to 5, giving us extra amplification and momentum.
06: A zero point (point of all creation and dis-creation) as well as the 6 which embodies the essence of nurturing, care, support and home. The more we are at home within ourselves, the more the outer world will be nurturing, caring, supportive and feel like home.
07: Another zero point with the added essence of the 7 which embodies the essences of spiritual mastery and being ready for fast changes (for me the 7 represents a lightning bolt). Being in balance and alignment on all levels allows for the new Soul-Adventure life changes to show up…and quickly!
Time of visibility (it will only be a partial view) in Cape Town is at 19h43. Find all the details here
What I have experienced since the last post
A total solar eclipse occurs when the new moon comes between the sun and the Earth and so our view of the sun is blocked.
For me, the moon being in its ‘dark’ phase (we don’t see a new moon in our skies) and it blocking out the sun, represents added emphasis to going within and clearing blockages on all levels.
With the sun darkened, it is as if we are being given a heads-up by the cosmos to take our focus off the outer world and shift it to within. The new moon Is about new beginnings and releasing the old and the outdated in all aspects of our lives.
Questions I am working with currently:
- What needs to be released and let go of?
- What is no longer serving me on an emotional level?
- Which ideas, beliefs and fears around shining my light and being seen and heard in the world are outdated and need a reboot?
I am being pushed by my Soul to let my voice be heard…through singing. This was very clearly shown to me during the Journey Practitioner Mastery course with Brandon Bays in October. My fears and resistance around this have surfaced and so I am doing the work and letting it all go. In talking with a friend yesterday, I realised that I have never liked the sound of my own voice and now the exploration and release work is currently happening for me.
As my birthday is aligned with this auspicious celestial event. I have taken this weekend to fully clear what is holding my voice back from being heard. I will now be singing my new Soul-Adventure with vocal harmony!
What you may be experiencing at this time
- Extreme fatigue and thirst
- Feeling light-headed, dizzy or unbalanced
- Lots of emotional issues surfacing and emotional intensity
- Crying at random times for seemingly no apparent reason
- Aggression, impatience and intolerance showing up when dealing with others
- Physical body may be aching or have tightness in the lower back, hips and thighs
- Feeling foggy-headed and disillusioned about life and where you are currently at, as changes seem to be delayed or on-hold
How you can best help yourself at this time
- Breathe deeply and let go
- Do gentle movements to loosen up the lower back and hip area
- Soak in Epsom salt baths to help the physical body adjust to changes
- Drink lots of water and rest as much as you need to – and then some more
- Do the emotional release work needed so that you can come out on the other side of this passage with a clearer view of where you are headed
- Be outside with your feet on the grass or soil and in your imagination, let roots grow down and anchor deep into the earth - feel yourself more grounded and present
Remember to hug yourself often for doing so well through all the challenges you have faced and are facing on all levels.
Sending all Love, Light and Compassionate Blessings 😊